John 14:1-6
A new outlook on having an eternal perspective
Reflections after listening to the sermon Troubled Hearts by Steve Ratliff
God promised throughout the bible to comfort us and bring us peace, but continually He shows me that "my thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways, as far as the heaven's are from the earth, so are my thoughts from your thoughts, and my ways from your ways." (Isaiah 55:8 & 9)
I know that things are not going to get better on this earth, but at times I do lose sight of the eternal perspective and get bogged down by the troubles in this life that I have been given here on the earth.
A verse so commonly used such as John 14:6, today has new meanings for me. Steve says to use it as a comfort of our knowledge of the way to the father.
Jesus answered, " I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
The WAY, it is not a path, but rather a person.
So many time is life I am looking for a path the take. I pray "Jesus give me wisdom in which direction to take or which path to go down." Not that this is bad, but now I am challenged to pray and ask for Jesus to draw me near to him to transform my mind to view this for his perspective.
"It's enough that you have Jesus that's why he doesn't give you a road map"-Steve
The TRUTH- Jesus was the truth incarnate, because the disciples knew Jesus, truth would accompany them through their life. In the same way, because I know Jesus, I have truth. Got it, but I so easily forget this.
The LIFE- Jesus IS life. Is life? This is so true when I lose sight of this and start to struggle with the circumstances surrounding me, I feel as if life is being sucked out of me. May i cling to the truth that with Jesus I can experience life even in the mist of circumstances that may be troubling.
This led me to think of the lyrics to a song: Always Enough by Casting Crowns
In a dry and weary land
Lord, You are the rain
In a sea of shattered ones
Your love comes rushing in
You hold the world within Your hands
And see each tear that falls
Through every fire and every storm
You're always enough, always enough
Your love is peace to the broken
Faith for the widow, hope for the orphan, strength for the weak
Your love is the anthem of nations, rings out through the ages
And You're always enough for me
You keep my heart in perfect peace
My life is in Your hands
When confusion hides my way
You're always enough, always enough
No comments:
Post a Comment