2/28/2012

Life update

Sorry it has been a while. I was house sitting for friends while they were away and school and life has just been crazy and so I haven't really stopped to take time to reflect. Plus there have been some big things going on back in America with family and friends that I haven't been able to fully process the effect it has had on me.

First my sister and her family traveled back to Asia for her first visit back to where they lived since they left. It wa harder on me than I thought. It was such an important trip in many ways, and I only got short updates while they were away. For those of you who know my sister's story you will understand why this was a big thing.

Then my brother and sister in law Welcomed a new addition to their fMily with the birth of Fiona!

About 2 weeks ago I found out my good friend back in KC's dad was diagnosed with mantle cell lymphoma. So I have been processing how to support her being half way across the world. She and I met at church through the singles ministry and later found out we have a lot in common and our dad's were frat brothers in college and she is from a town close to my grandpa's. The news from her really hit home. It could be my dad.
I have had friends mom's who have breast cancer as well as my own grandmother, but this is totally different. Please pray for her dad Bob.
Then in being away from my house for over a week has kept me busy with other things.
Then to top it off I was buying my flights back this summer, and it got me thinking about what it will be like to return to America for just 2 months.

Finally, to top it all off my dad is retiring in 2 weeks! Which is so crazy, and of course I am not in Kansas anymore and so I win't be at his party.
Thankfully after grieving this reality, mom tells me my other siblings aren't attending either. Which is some comfort, but still I have pride that as the youngest who has not left KS until this year, I have been at practically every event.

I have a hard time stopping to a life here. Last night I hit a wall and was able to verbally tell God what is really on my heart. It was so freeing! So this is where I am at. This is a little update on life! I cope by not thinking about what I am missing at home. The truth is that I am human though so I can only cope so long before God gets through to me and breaks down the walls. After all my life is not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment