| Right before I walked in |
| My Reaction. |
| Two kids gave speeches |
| Then 1 by 1 they brought me a rose. I am probably laughing at a student who said "oh no! Crying!" His way of covering up his sensitive side. |
| They said stuff, most of which I don't recall specifically. I was surprised how many of them said that the hope that I have good time with my family. |
They were so precious. At the end we ate ice cream, and I had some time to chat with some of them individually.
A mom who helped me carry out my plans for my student teacher's party, was mostly responsible for this.She was aided by another mom who teaches part time on the elementary floor. I was totally oblivious to anything, and no kid said a word about it at all. The mom told me afterwards that she was very firm with the kids, in them keeping it a secret! Almost all of my kids were there (which is a rare thing), only 1 was sick. At the end of the flowers they presented me with a wooden box made by the person who teaches Hungarian to our students (& new staff), and who also does this art stuff as a side business. It was so special because on the inside they had him write a message and each of my students signed it. It is the best keepsake for my last year of teaching. It was so very special and thoughtful, I felt honored and loved.Writing this makes me miss them, each of their personalities. I am so thankful that God took me to Hungary, and allowed me to stay for 2 years. My heart aches knowing that I am not returning next year, and I hope that someday the Lord will allow my path to cross those whom will always hold a special place in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment