Serving with Campus Crusade for Christ International teaching Missionary Kids ,and other international students.
6/29/2013
Budapest Century Flood
This is possibly my last post. My last day in the city was a special one. My last Sunday worshiping at Danube International Church with many of my co-laborers, then an afternoon relaxing at the 'Baths' soaking up the sunshine, then dinner at the yummy Greek restaurant downtown with the director and his wife (my dear friend), along with another teacher who is leaving, as a thank you from the school. After dinner I stayed around to take my last photos of the city at night. That week Budapest was experiencing what they called a century's flood. The night I took the photos the water reached it's peak. It was crazy how many people were out and about. It was bittersweet to be out there on my own, but in a way it was good just to have alone time to soak it all in. Thankfully on the way home God provided a divine appointment to distract me for part of my ride home, as I ran into a teacher from the school. I find the flood to be a metaphor to the condition of my heart as I left. Overflowing in awe of God's love and faithfulness even in the little details in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment