9/21/2011

Learning Grace

It's been a while since my last update, things have been crazy! :)
This past weekend we had our staff retreat for school in which we went out into the country to Calvary Bible College/Conference Center, which is an old plantation mansion.




 First, on the drive there I saw the countryside of Hungary, and some fields of corn being harvested. So refreshing to feel like I am 'at home.'  The biggest thing I have been struggling with is patience with myself. In talking with a friend who is my mentor at school, she reminded me earlier in the week to give myself grace, that I am living in a new culture and there was no way to expect being in a routine my first year. Friday night I cried out to God to help me accept His grace that I may have grace with myself. Then at the retreat the sessions revolved around the DISC personality inventory, which was good and made me think. It was different than the others, but also similar. I am a Is, which is called the Advisor or Counselor. That weekend God made me see that Pride is my biggest sin that I struggle with. The past few weeks I was not being patient with myself because I was thinking I should be able to develop this on my own. Again, I was redirected to my need to fix my eyes on Christ, and that when I do, He will give me what I need to sustain. It was so good to be humbled, I see a need to really dig into recognizing sin and confessing it more clearly. I have had a better attitude this week, and a greater desire to make time to spend with the Lord. The time on Friday and Saturday were priceless, and just what the heart needed! I realized that this year will be crazy, but that I need to make the effort to stay plugged in socially, and so I am going to try a small group with Crusade Staff Women who are studying Hebrews! Also, I am going to better structure my weekend that if I have to go in to school on Saturday's then to go in the morning and commit to leaving my noon or 1. That way I still have half of the day to get out and explore the city (which I hope to do at least 1 time a week).
I leave you with yet another sunset:
On another note. Please pray for my students, this week we are studying Jesus and his Apostles, and on Friday we are going to be making a salvation tract.

Praise: Our 4th Roommate arrived last week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment