10/02/2011

Tourist Guide- FAIL

So far my weekends have consisted of spending at least 3 hours at school on Saturday's planning. I thankfully have an aid for an hour each day who alternate days, who are both awesome women, and help me out SO MUCH! They help with my grading, and what other projects I have for them, basically a HUGE blessing as I get my feet on the ground. I still look at the tests and input the grades, but they do the checking for me most of the time. But that is not what I am going to talk about.
Last weekend I was determined to go to the city Saturday afternoon and my roommate Ali joined me. She had only been in Hungary for about 2 weeks. We had original plans to visit Margaret Island, but decided against it, and had a loose plan of going to a famous street to walk down. Well, we had no problem getting to the Metro station, but we boarded confident that we read the map correctly. Not 15 minutes later we found out we didn't get off at the last stop. The metro had stopped and we were the only people on, and we were not at a stop. Ali didn't panic at first, then when the driver lady came by and saw us on, and said something like yes to us, I thought what does she want us to do? Walk with her? I tried to push apart the doors, but eventually we found out she was going to the opposite side of the Metro to the other driver side to drive it back the direction we came. We got off and the next stop, and I was so flustered I kept walking till we exited. Then I proceeded to navigate my way by memory and didn't find the street she wanted to go to, but I saw the Chain Bridge and got excited because I hadn't been to it yet, and at that point we threw out all our plans. 











Then our journey led us to Castle Hill. The tram was too expensive, but we saw people walking up this path to the side and so we followed. It was a path that you could walk that took you up to the castle, totally worth the walk. It was a beautiful day in the 70's at the end of September! Below are some photos we had fun with on the way up.





So much like a postcard! Amazing view of the Danube, and then the postcard picture symbol of Budapest, the Parliament building.
 Then once at the top at the Castle, Here are some photos!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment