11/19/2012

Thinking Christmas

 It is that season again. Everyone around me is thinking about Thanksgiving, but again this year I am thinking Christmas. 

Why am I thinking Christmas? Two reasons, first my family is gathering back in America over Thanksgiving to have family Christmas, so in order to not think about it I focus on decorating for Christmas here and try and block the fact that my family is getting together. That is my coping mechanism for many things. Is it healthy? No, because I am fighting my emotions by giving into my fleshly desires to have my home more festive this Christmas.
 In the past few weekends I have visited around 5 different stores, all with my friend Beth! It has been so good to spend time with her, but it is exhausting.  I have found some stuff, but it is not like America.
As much as I miss the traditions of Christmas back home, especially the decorations, God is working on my heart to evaluate what things are okay to miss and what are just worldly possessions? I will always live with disappointment if I don't have the right mindset.

If you read this, I would appreciate prayers for this week, that I would draw near to God in this hard time, and not disengage by wasting time other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment