11/11/2012

Salzburg Mini-Vacation

Last weekend we had a 4 day weekend because of a Holiday, All Saints Day. Being our 2nd long weekend in October, I suggested to DeAnn that we get away! We ended up finding two more ladies to join us, we took the train to Salzburg, Austria. Nestled in the Austrian Alps is this historic town that is the birthplace of Mozart....

and where the "Sound of Music" movie is set. With that said you cannot avoid the 'tourist trap' Sound of Music Tour. It was a 4 hour tour that told us the truths about the Hollywood version of the VonTrapp family. It was also a great informational tour of the city, and it was our escape into the mountains as it took us to the church where the wedding scene was shot, in Moondsee. It was fun to come home and watch the whole movie and recognize the places.
  

 



                                                    





FOOD!!!!!!!!



Oh and the food is different so we had to eat our way through Austria, which mean eating french fries with at least 1 meal a day! You cannot go wrong with food in Austria! Hungarian food is different, I rarely crave Hungarian food. I guess I like my french fries! Oh and the Apply Strudel with Pudding! YUM!
















It was so refreshing to get away and not think about work for a whole 3 days (even if I did do some grading on the way). It was wonderful to spend time with the other ladies and get to know Natalie. Natalie is new this year and came to teach at an English preschool in a town near ours, and has gotten to know other teachers from ICSB through a church here. On the way there we discovered that we have a family we both know back in America!




           



Hiking!

Our last day we had beautiful weather and we went for a hike that morning which gave us great views!
 



Shopping!

While wondering the streets of old town we discovered a intriguing home store, and I made note of where it was to return to it. I have not discovered a store like it yet in Hungary. It was comparable to Pier 1 Imports in America. Then there were a few Christmas stores that were also fun to look at!
      









Did I say it  was refreshing???
 










No comments:

Post a Comment