7/16/2012

Half Way Point

I have reached my half way point for my home assignment in KC, and am sitting at 74%  of the funds that I need in order to return next year. What have I done this past 4 weeks? Make calls, write and mail out letters, meet with people. Just like my walk with the Lord it has had it's ups and downs. It is a daily battle to not believe the lies that Satan tries to discourage me with, but it's when I push through and believe the truth God comes through. Please continue to pray that God will provide my needs for returning to Hungary, and that new people would partner with me next year.

The highlight is hands down being able to reconnect with so many people. The week of the 4th of July was family week. My Aunt from Ohio and her family came to visit and we had a fish fry at my other Aunt's house and a mini family reunion. It was so great, the home cooked pot luck was a huge plus. Nothing says America family without a pot luck with yummy goodness and classic family portraits with my grandpa and his wife.


 

Then the other best part I have discovered is time to reflect. I feel like stepping away from my new culture and community was good at first, but now I am ready to go back. I miss the families there and some of my personal weaknesses/struggles are not as much as a struggle there. I have been able to process ministry as a teacher, and lately I have been thinking about how to connect our Hungarian students with a local body of  believers for them to get involved with outside of school. I am looking forward to next year, to what God has  planned! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment