My class just finished their novel study on Sarah, Plain and Tall, and if you know the plot, set on a farm on the prairie, it reminds me of Kansas. The made for TV movie is actually set in Kansas. It has been so fun to teach my kids about life on the farm back then, the pioneer time and such times are taught about in grade school in Kansas, so most of these kids have no concept of a prairie and not having neighbors for miles away. They loved the novel, even my boys were totally into it! God used such a small thing to warm my heart!
I have said see you later to 2 of my good friends, so this weekend especially has been a little on the lonely side. Reality really had not set in until yesterday, realizing that this weekend was my next to last weekend before I leave for the summer. My roommates are starting to pack, something that emotionally I am not there yet, even if I was, my room does not have the space to live in chaos for 2 weeks.
Then this past week I found out that 2 more of students will not be returning next year to ICSB. That brings the total to 4! Last week in Chapel we said good bye to one, my missionary kid who was only going to be here for 1 year. When asked what her plans were for next year, she got a little chocked up. It touched my heart! She has been home schooled in the past and will be again next year, but my heart felt for her.
This week is going to be good, but hard. Monday we have our field trip, which will be fun and I will blog about it later, then Tuesday we have the awards assembly for the elementary and Wednesday and Thursday will be tying up loose ends. It will be hard to let go of these kids, but I will because I know that ultimately they are in God's hands. I have no ownership, God just put me in a place to teach and love on them for the 1 year, and next year he will bring me a new group of kids to do the same.
So these are my ramblings! Sorry if they don't make sense, but it was good to get them written down. I am sure I will have much more reflection in the near future. I must say I am looking forward to stepping back and reflecting on this year, it has gone so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment