Later in the week a parent took me to the store to buy some things for my EDU Buck (Positive Reward system) Auction with the leftover money from the field trip. Earlier in the week she told me that she believed that my background in Special Education has helped me know how to better help her daughter with the anxiety she displays at time. The next day (after the trip to the store) her child hands me an envelope with a formal letter enclosed about what she has seen. Such a huge blessing, that I was totally caught off guard!
The last day of school one of teacher aides who is also a classroom mom wrote me an encouraging card!
To top it all off today I skyped with my good friend Alexis who I talked about in an earlier post. While we were talking her mom interrupted and thanked me for how I have been a friend to her daughter, then proceeded to pray for me. I will not be going to their wedding, because I am home support raising, and am already double booked the weekend of their wedding. Which is so hard! Of course as it gets closer we both wish that we would have met earlier. It would be hard to be away for a weekend, and flights are so expensive now.
All this to say that although it is a time of disorder/transition around me, God is using others to shower His love on me. It took me until today to step back and realize how He is moving. It has been difficult to quiet myself to really seek Him during this time. Please be in prayer for this week, that in the mist of transition that I may find time to seek Him and find peace.
Glad you're feeling encouraged! It's always nice to feel appreciated, especially since you've poured so much of yourself into those kids and into your relationships.
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you as you transition back home. I hope you get some time to relax and just enjoy being home with your family!