This year Valentine's Day landed on our last day of Spirit week, so thankfully I totally forgot about it. Every year the High School Honor Choir does a fundraiser where they deliver singing 'telegrams', this year my dear friend Beth sent me two separate roses and I was serenaded with the song "You've got Friend in me!" Then one student sent me a chocolate bar. It was fun because the new teachers, including my student teacher, were caught off guard!
Valentine's Day is not a big deal in Hungary, and so both years for the class I have them draw a name of a student in our class, then I give them paper (Red for boys, Pink for girls), to decorate the cover of another persons valentine. Then on Valentines Day we do rotations where we travel to each persons desk and have 30 seconds to write a kind message about that person in their valentine. This year I got "You are the best!" "You are a great Teacher!".
This is a photo of one students Valentine. (My boys are really into soccer!)
No comments:
Post a Comment