Decision
If you get my newsletter you will have read that after this school year I will be returning to America to join Full Time Campus Ministry with CRU. This was a decision I have been praying about for months now, and I went to Spain with the hope that I would gain some final clarity from God, but honestly. I was beginning to wonder if God was going to make one way clear. God did show up and make it clear and it came in HIS timing, and in HIS way.
The general overview was told well by Tiffany in her latest newsletter:
In order for me to properly express what this week means to STINTers, I want to tell you the story of Megan, who is a second-year STINTer in Budapest, Hungary. Because of work, she wasn't able to attend the conference last year. ....The basic schedule for every day was devotions and speakers in the morning, including personal time with the Lord, and then free afternoons. It is a very easy schedule and allows for a lot of time to reflect and refresh.
Megan was trying to decide what to do next year. Should she stay in Hungary? Should she continue in her current position? If she returned to the US, what would she do? She thought she had her mind made up. She was almost positive that she would stay in Hungary and change missions organizations to one that would allow her to return more quickly. We talked a lot during the week and I could tell she just didn't have peace about her decision. ..
Megan was trying to decide what to do next year. Should she stay in Hungary? Should she continue in her current position? If she returned to the US, what would she do? She thought she had her mind made up. She was almost positive that she would stay in Hungary and change missions organizations to one that would allow her to return more quickly. We talked a lot during the week and I could tell she just didn't have peace about her decision. ..
One morning after spending time with the Lord, Megan came to me all excited. She told me God had spoken to her. He had presented her with a plan that was totally opposite of the plan she had. (Isn't that just like God, to turn our plans upside down just when we thought we had it together?) In an instant, Megan went from anxiety and indecision to a peace greater than she'd ever felt. While, yes, she had many questions that needed to be answered, she felt certain that God would work out the details in His timing.
Now to get if form my perspective, I have taken excerpts from my prayer journal to shed some light into How God brought me to this place.
December 18th
Father I ask for discernment if giving up teaching is a part of your plan.
Father I ask for discernment if giving up teaching is a part of your plan.
I give up my desire to stay here. I will follow you where you lead me.if that means back to the US then I trust you have a plan. You have been with me every new path I travel, every job change, move, etc.
Gave up Facebook- to commit to focus more on Jesus
Christmas Break
Gave up Facebook- to commit to focus more on Jesus
Christmas Break
Before Christmas, I had the thought of joining a different department in our school. On my trip to the UK I had good chat time with my friend Laura. Previously when asked if I ever would think about it, my reply was NEVER! So after the trip I thought the Lord was opening my heart to join them, but after a meeting with the department, I walked away with a clear No!
January
This was an in between time. I was recovering from my trip over Christmas, fighting a sinus infection, and preparing for the arrival of my student teacher. My mind was not really quiet, and I didn't have much time to really sit before the Lord. Before I left of my trip I told my principal that when I got back I wanted to sit down with her and talk about how she wanted to use me if I wasn't in the classroom teaching.
January 26th (1st day of conference)
Where do you have me?
With what organization
I value CRU and what You have done in my life thru it.
Use this week, I so desire to have sweet time in your word & at your feet. Change my heart, make it yours, i am yours completely.
Where do you have me?
With what organization
I value CRU and what You have done in my life thru it.
Use this week, I so desire to have sweet time in your word & at your feet. Change my heart, make it yours, i am yours completely.
January 30
Confess a hard Heart about next year as I have let fear trickle in.
Replace fear w/truth -fear God
Luke 1:74
2 Tim. 1:7
Confess a hard Heart about next year as I have let fear trickle in.
Replace fear w/truth -fear God
Luke 1:74
2 Tim. 1:7
January 31-I was listening to my IPOD while having a QT on the beach
As I prayed I received a Clear peace about not teaching-
Go by Hillsong Live played after this.
We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... In the father, there is hope and there is freedom and there is hope in the name that is Jesus, lay your life down, give it all now, be found in the love of the savior. We come alive in you, You've set free the chosen few. Our live will never be the same
We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... We are souled out, to your calling, we'll give all we are for your glory take our hearts now, have it all now, Shine your light, shine your light now, We come alive to you, your set free the chosen few our live will never be the same....We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... In the way we're sing'n
Christian lyrics - GO LYRICS - HILLSONG LIVE
We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... We are souled out, to your calling, we'll give all we are for your glory take our hearts now, have it all now, Shine your light, shine your light now, We come alive to you, your set free the chosen few our live will never be the same....We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... We're giving it all away away... We're giving it all to go your way... In the way we're sing'n
Christian lyrics - GO LYRICS - HILLSONG LIVE
During my Quiet Time I looked back over a list of strengths I had recorded earlier in the month from various assessments, and I had a moment of peace and clarity and sensed the Lord calling me to Full Time Ministry in the US with CRU.
No comments:
Post a Comment