My time in London would be described as surreal! We lodged in a missionary guesthouse, outside of the city, and unbeknownst to us the train station closest to the house was shut down for most of the time we were there, so it was about a 15 minute walk to catch a 20 minute train into the city. The first day we met up with a friend of L's who is a Nanny in London. Within 4 or 5 hours we had a personal tour of Most of the big sites in the City, Trafalgar Square, London Eye, Parliament, Big Ben, down to the Royal Palace. London was overwhelming, because there was so much to see, and it was pretty spread out. It was fun to see a famous city, but the transportation pass alone cost at least as much as I paid to the 3 tourist sites I paid for.
On New Year's Eve we met up with the other girls from the reception who were flying out of London, and we watched the fireworks. It was so pretty!
Then, with my Christmas money I went to see the Lion King! It was amazing! The props and costumes were so creative.
Fun trip, but I will not attempt a marathon like that again! I am not cut out to be on the Amazing Race!
No comments:
Post a Comment