(Above) At the end of our Big cleaning day(Note that our toilet brush is orange and matched the orange toilet seat, we moved some of the ugly furniture into our 3rd room, and discovered that the table had chairs inside, after further investigation we realized the bar hits mid back and is very uncomfortable.
(L)IKEA trip with my new roommate
All the above I needed to remind me that I am not supposed to be comfortable here. God has me right where he wants me! Humbling me even at work. I was the last elementary teacher to arrive, and with my classroom being moved over the summer, I had ALOT to do when I got back. I have really struggled with comparing myself to the other teachers, when they are way farther along than I am in getting ready for the year. It finally donned on me last night that because I moved rooms and was the last one, and I was balancing living in a new place and settling in there, that God was stretching me!
On the upside of things, God has blessed me with a incredible roommate who is a blessing in so many ways! We laugh together, and have a lot of fun.
I am about to fall asleep as I write this, but I wanted to try and get an update out there before school started.
Last Friday we had open house where kids and parents could come meet their teacher and see their classroom. Although many of my Hungarian students didn't make it because they were still on holiday, the parents came in their place. It was so great to see their support and when I ask them what they want me to know about their student, they said how much their kid loves coming to ICSB. ON the missionary front, I have a handful missionary kids this year also, most of my MK's are CRU families, which is fun! The MK's are also very international, in that they are from various countries. More to come on that, but please be in prayer as we start the year off on Wednesday.
Thank you for taking time to read this! :) Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment