he adventure started in Venice, where we spend 2.5 days. We stayed at a B&B in a nearby city on the mainland (also to save money). It was fun and we have many interesting stories to tell..The B&B is run by a local that doesn't speak much English, so that was fun in and of itself. It was encouraging when one night there were some students from Asia who were studying in the UK staying there also, and they were trying to communicate with the guy, but it ended up that Cori and I helped with the translation. Thanks to a fee IPod App, and in general our experience in communicating with Hungarians with limited English.
| Back of the Rialto and (R) View from the top Did I go on a Gondola ride? No, the water taxi's were fun enough.. |
Instead of going to Murano the island with the glass factories, we went to Burano! A colorful little fishing village!
(See the images below)
Italy was so lush and the people were friendly. It was interesting because it was the first country I visited that was not under Communist rule after WWII. It was a blessing and I was able to celebrate my birthday in Rome! That is pretty rare! Rome was fascinating because of all the history. My interest in history has grown so much living here in Europe, naturally. I am not a bible scholar by far, but walking through the Roman Forum was surreal almost. I still cannot believe that there are still parts that are still there today, and it is so neat in Europe how they really work to preserve history.
We visited the historical part on my birthday, hitting most of big sites, Roman Forum, Colosseum, Pantheon. |
Then we met up with some of our hosts for my Birthday Dinner, in which I ate this yummy pizza!!
No comments:
Post a Comment