12/08/2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Celebration Started off with Elementary Chapel all together in the gym on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving Break (Which the kids were crazy!)
The praises echoed in the gym as the kids sang praises of Thanksgiving to God! I will post the video on facebook. Then the teachers preformed a sequel to the  Chef Telz The Truth skit which occurred during the first chapel this year and introduced the kids to Fruits of the Spirit theme for the year. In the skit us teachers were acting ungreatful when we were invited to a 'Thanksgiving' dinner at Chef Telz the Truth's Mother's home, where we acted up all of the opposites actions of the fruit of the spirit and Chef Telz the Truth's mother had to 'call us out' on it! :)
 
At the end each kid received a cut out of a hand
to  reflect on what they are thankful for,

 





This Thanksgiving I spent with a handful of families from the school. I was the only single person, but I didn't feel lonely all day, Praise God! That night I skyped with my dad's side of the family, as they gathered for family Christmas. Many asked me if I had the traditional food, and yes we did! :) Sweet Potatoes, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Cranberry Sauce! YUM! I brought the Hot Apple Cider!
Someone was creative!
It was neat to learn that a family tradition
 was to sing the song Give Thanks.
 It was so great to get to know these ladies more! I have gotten to know them better because they are working at school more, this year! We shared so many great laughs together that day!
At one point in the afternoon, one of my former students (Grace) sat and asked us Thanksgiving jokes that another mom had printed off. They were silly, but funny because we couldn't guess the answers! 
Why did the turkey cross the road? Because it was the chicken's day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment